Insightful questions for high growth companies
Whether we’re conscious of it or not, every management decision is motivated by a desire to find answers to very specific questions. People who succeed in organisations or business tend to be problem solvers. They have to be, because the business environment is becoming increasingly complex. But all solutions start with insightful questions. Below I list the questions I often use which have had a profound effect on many clients:
- What business do you want to be in?
- What motivates you to get up everyday?
- In what do you take pride?
- What does your company bring to customers that they value?
- Of these things, which are vitally, even uniquely, important to them?
- If you closed your doors today, would your customers suffer a real loss?
- Are you doing today what your company needs to do to matter tomorrow?
- How do you win?
- What must be true to allow you to get everything done?
- If you were to start your company again tomorrow, who of your team would be in the organisation?